Apple Music for Alexa is now available for Australian customers. To have this on your iPad device you need to get an Apple music subscription. Also you need an Amazon Echo, Amazon Fire TV, or Alexa-enabled Sonos speaker that you already set up with the Amazon Alexa app on your iOS or Android device.
Make sure that you update IPad to the latest iOS and check the App Store to see if there are updates for the Amazon Alexa app. If you use an Android device, check the Google Play Store for any updates to the Apple Music app or Amazon Alexa app.
Apple Music for Alexa is also available in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, and New Zealand besides Australia.
How to join Apple Music for Alexa?
As told above you need to subscribe to Apple Music, choose artists that you like, and start enjoying the greatest collection of music on the planet on your iOS device or computer.
With a subscription to Apple Music, you can access millions of songs, curated radio and playlists, and music recommendations, all in the Music app. You can also access your music across other devices, as long as you’re signed in to Apple Music with the same Apple ID, and download music to listen to offline.
- Create your profile and start your three month free trial. After trial select the type of subscription that you want.
- Tap use Existing Apple ID, then enter your Apple ID and password. If you don’t have an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID, then follow the steps to create one.
- If you’re asked for a verification code, you have two-factor authentication on your Apple ID.
- You might be asked to validate your billing info. Add a valid payment method and tap Join.
- If prompted, agree to the terms and conditions.
You can use store credit to pay for Apple Music, but you must have enough store credit to cover the amount of your first renewal. Choose genres and artists and follow friends.
- For students the subscription is $4.99 per month
- As an individual get it $9.99 per month.
- As family at $14.99 per month
- Create your own playlists, or listen to mixes Apple Music creates based on what you’ve been listening to.
- Follow friends to see music they’re listening to and playlists they’ve shared.
- Get personalized recommendations based on the music you already love, updated daily.
- Watch exclusive content, like documentaries about your favorite artists, concert films, and original TV shows.
- Hear your favorite artists and DJs on Beats 1, live or on demand.
- Note that availability and features may vary by country. Membership renews automatically after trial.
Use Alexa to Control Apple Music on Sonos
Configuring Sonos to allow Alexa Control of Apple Music first update your Sonos app to at least 10.1.2 and ensure your entire Sonos system is up-to-date.
- Add Apple Music to Sonos if you haven’t already. Sonos App > Settings > My Music Services > Add Another Account > Apple Music
- Add Apple Music to Alexa if you haven’t already. Alexa App > Left Menu > Skills & Games > Search for Apple Music > Select Apple Music.
- Go to your Alexa-capable Sonos One or Sonos Beam and say, “Alexa, play today’s hits on Apple Music,” or “Alexa, play Phish on Apple Music” and boom Or
- Go to your Echo device and say, “Alexa, play Stevie Wonder from Apple Music on Kitchen.” Assuming “Kitchen” is the name of any Sonos device (Alexa-capable or not), Stevie’s soulful voice and keys (and any other instruments Stevie played) will spring forth from your Sonos speakers.
- Setting up Alexa to control Apple Music via Sonos is as easy as adding the services and ensuring your system is up-to-date.
Apple Music features and pricing might vary by country or region. Learn more about what’s available in your country or region.
Note that before you joinUpdate the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch; macOS with iTunes on your Mac; or iTunes on your PC. Also Back up your iOS devices, and your Mac or PC, so that you have a copy of your music and other information if your device is ever replaced, lost, or damaged.
Apple Music is not a backup service, so make sure to always have a back up of your music collection before you make any changes. Now enjoy!