Pokies have long been a popular distraction in the bars, clubs and casinos of Australia and New Zealand, but there is an ever increasing demand for the compelling pokies game for use on mobile devices such as iPads and iPhones.
There are a number of ways in which players can enjoy pokies on their portable devices, and theres a game out there to suit everyone from the hardened professional gamer to the curious amateur.
The app store
The most immediate and perhaps the easiest method to enjoy pokies on your iPad is to download your pokies straight from the app store. Simply access the Apple app store directly from your iPad or iPhone and browse the various pokies available from the casino section in the games menu. Choose from great titles for free or a small fee and play unlimited pokies for fun or practice for the real thing.
How to install apps and games from the App Store?
Before you install any pokies or casino games apps from App store on your iPad you can search the app if you don’t know beforehand.
- Launch the App Store.
- Tap the magnifying glass on the bottom right of your screen.
- Type in your search query like “Vegas Slots” and tap the search button.
- Once you’ve searched for the casino or pokies app you want, it’s time to download and install it on your iPad.
- Tap the app or game you wish to purchase or download for free.
- Tap Get if it is free, or the price of the app if it is paid.
- Place your finger on the Home button to activate Touch ID or double-click the side button for Face ID.
What if a pokies app comes with a price.
Few pokies apps at app stores are paid apps. This means you need to buy these pokies directly from the app store.
To download and buy apps from the App Store, you need an Apple ID. Your Apple ID is the account that you use to access Apple services. If you use other Apple services like iCloud, sign in to the App Store with the same Apple ID. If you don’t have an Apple ID, you can create one.
If you’re in the App Store on any of your devices like iPad and see the download button near an app, you already bought or downloaded that app. When you tap or click the download button , the app downloads to your device again, but you are not charged again. You can also see a list of apps that you purchased and redownload them.
Tap the App Store app on your Home screen.
Browse or search for the app that you want to download, then tap the app.
Tap the price or tap Get. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
If you find a game that says Arcade, subscribe to Apple Arcade to play the game.
After your app finishes downloading, you can move it to a different spot on your Home screen. Apps stay up-to-date by default.
If you want to know specific information about an app, like what languages the app is available in, the app’s file size, or its compatibility with other Apple devices, scroll to the bottom of an app’s page. You might be able to tap some sections to learn more.
You can also contact the app developer for help with an app’s functionality.
If you want to download apps that are larger than 200 MB over cellular, go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store, then tap App Downloads and choose the option that you want.
How to update the iPad pokies or casino app at app stores?
With iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, apps and games that you download from the App Store are automatically updated by default. You won’t see notifications about updating your apps. But you can also update apps manually. For example, if you want to force an update, you can update an app manually.
If you prefer to manually update all your apps, you can turn off automatic updates.
When you download an app on one device, the app isn’t automatically installed on your other devices. But if you want apps that you purchase to be downloaded on all of your devices, you can turn on Automatic Downloads.
To manually update apps on your iPad:
- Open the App Store, then tap Today at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to see pending updates and release notes. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All.
Note that Zynga Casino, Big Fish Casino, Vegas Slots, Heart of Vegas, Slotomania, Cashman Casino, Double Down Casino and various other pokies apps are all free at app stores and doesn’t cost a penny. The free pokies or casino apps though have in app purchases, if you want to get more free coins or free credits to play more of their pokies.
Dedicated Pokie Websites
Some providers such as Pokie Magic and Aristocrat pokies host their own online services for keen pokie players. Much like in the app store, players are free to browse through the sites’ collections of pokie games from their portable device before selecting an appealing title to download onto their iPad or iPhone. Many online casino sites offer pokies and other interesting games to play with iPad. There are lots of fun titles to choose from, both novelty titles and more traditional slots games are available.
Step by Step Installation Guide
For those serious about their pokies and looking to play for real money, most online casinos now offer mobile versions of their software for use on mobile devices supported by Apple or Android.
Sites such as Rich Casino, Superior Casino, Fair Go Casino, Emu Casino, Mongoose Casino and 7 Reels Casino all offer pokies among their many casino-style games, and players can download their mobile versions direct from the websites. The best thing about these online sites is that you can play pokies with real money or for fun. Real money deposits are allowed in your own currency that is Australian dollars or even with Bitcoins.
Step 1 – Visit the casino website
Click to play Rich Casino with iPad
Step 2 – Register a free account
Step 3 – Log In and make a deposit
All legitimate online casinos provide stringent security methods and secure payment options to protect their patrons.
Step 4 – Choose the Games to play
Click here for a list of casinos for iPad »
All the pokies for iPad can be played instantly on your safari iPad browser or Chrome browser of other tablets by accessing the online casinos on your iPad without any download.
The Installation process needs time
- This means first you need to pick your iPad and type the casino URL you wish to visit on your iPad browser.
- Once done, the casino will prompt you to either install or download their casino software on your iPad OR simply Play Now (Instant version of the game)
- If you prefer casino install then it will take few seconds to download their casino.exe file on your gaming device.
- In matters of time the install will be complete and you will get the casino icon at your iPad home screen
- Tap on that icon and casino will load instantly in front of your iPad screen.
- It’s the casino homepage. Now click on Join Now or Sign Up
- Next you need to open your casino account and for that fill a form and register yourself.
- Now once your details are verified (you will get a verification email or SMS) you are ready to make a deposit and play real money games.
The easiest way is to play real money pokies on iPad instantly via your iPad safari browser. The install or download works best only for those casinos who still want players to have their software on their device and do not offer instant play version of their games.
Both the cases remember you need a good WIFI or internet connection to play pokies with iPad as very few pokies work offline.
As mentioned above many free pokies in the form of app can be downloaded from iTunes store to enjoy awesome pokies with your iPad. Some of these popular apps are social casinos and various pokies from top rated gaming providers like Aristocrat gaming, Scientific games, Pokie Magic, Big Fish casino, Product Madness and others.
Things to remember when Installing Pokies on your iPad
In case the installed pokies or apps on your iPad freeze then double-check that your device has plenty of battery life left. If you’re playing with low battery life, the device has to work harder to run a game. It’s recommended to play while connected to your battery and good WIFI connection.
Check on updates for the game and your device . For this close all applications. When you exit an app, the app does not close automatically. For some issues, including game crashes, it is a good idea to close all applications running in background to free up your device’s resources. Please see Apple’s iOS: Understanding multitasking help article for more information. To close background applications:
- Double click the Home button (the button on the front of your device) and all multitasking apps will appear.
- Swipe up on each app to remove it from running in the background.
- Click the Home button again to go back to the normal screen.
- Restart your device and open the game.
If you’re still having trouble, try restarting your device. Apple also recommends restarting after installing any application. Follow these steps to restart an iPad.
- Hold the Sleep/Wake button at the top of the device for 5 seconds.
- Run the slider across the screen to power off.
- Wait 30 seconds, then start the device again by holding the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple icon.
- Start your game.
Also you can uninstall the pokies app anytime you wish and reinstall again.
- To uninstall hold your finger on the game icon for 5 seconds. This will cause the icons on the screen to jiggle and a small X will appear over the game icon.
- Tap on the game icon to delete it from your Apple device. When prompted, tap Yes to complete the removal process.
- To reinstall Sign into the iTunes account that was originally used to purchase the game.
- Find and download the game from the App Store. After the installation is complete, restart your Apple device.
Reinstalling from iTunes (if your device was synced to iTunes after the game’s purchase)
- Connect your Apple device to your iTunes program.
- Once the device has been detected, click the Applications tab in iTunes.
- Make sure there is a check mark next to the game you want to reinstall and click the Sync button to reinstall it.
- After the installation is complete, restart your Apple device.
Note again if you’ve purchased a pokies game, it can be reinstalled but make sure to sign in to the same iTunes account used to make the original purchase.
Also by uninstalling your pokies game, you will lose all saved progress and settings in that game
If you have a pokies game and you need its full version as some pokies app have such feature you can upgrade to a full version game from a free version that you’ve already installed. Open your game and wait for it to load to main menu. From the main menu, tap the Unlock or Buy button. The name of the button may vary depending on the game. Confirm your purchase and you may be asked to choose which version of the game you’d like to buy.
To get the updates on any game you can check the App Store app to see if any updates are available for your game. For every available update, you’ll see a number appear in red on the top right corner of the App Store icon on your iPad. Open the App Store app to choose which updates you’d like to install.
If an update for your game doesn’t appear in the App Store application, then it has already been installed. Once you reinstall a game, the most recent version available will be installed automatically.
Finally always update your iPad to have better experience. So make sure your device is running the latest software updates available from Apple. For this tap the Settings app, then tap General, next tap Software Update. If an update is available, it may be run by tapping Download & Install.