You have the iPad which you feel proud to display when it comes to gaming. Yes that’s right. Watching movies or playing games be it pokies games or any other the big screen is just fantastic to enjoy. If you are searching for the best selection of games to have it on your iPad be it iPad Pro or iPad Mini here are the 10 such iOS games that you will certainly love playing on your tablet.
1. Orbit- Playing with Gravity
Orbit is a simple and beautiful puzzler. Instead of arranging falling blocks or sliding around numbers, you must guide celestial bodies around gravity wells. You throw planets into orbit by pulling back on your touchscreen and flinging them like a slingshot or a fowl in Angry Birds. The physics simulation then takes over, and figuring out how the balls will react to different scenarios is a huge part of the fun of this game. This game is free to download from iTunes but recommends in app purchases to unlock certain features.
- 45 free levels, with new mechanics are introduced over time, like repulsive black holes and planets with their own gravity that attract each other
- Play community-created levels, virtually limitless content made by other players, all completely free
- Launch as many planets as you like, and watch the mesmerizing orbital mechanics unfold
- Planets leave colored traces, so that at the end of a level you will have created a beautiful piece of art
- See the future trajectory of a planet before you launch it
- Play in an environment of smooth, minimalist graphics while listening to relaxing classical piano
2. Mini Metro
This game puts you in charge of managing a city’s transit system. Subway stops pop up around your screen as different shapes (circles, squares, triangles, and more), and it’s your job to connect these various stops so that the little circle, square, and triangle people can get to their final destinations. Your game keeps going until passengers overrun one of your stops. This app is not free and costs $7.99 at iTunes
- Random city growth so each game is unique
- Eleven real-world cities to test your planning skills
- A variety of upgrades to tailor your network
- Normal mode for quick scored games, or Extreme for the ultimate challenge
- Compete against the world every day with the Daily Challenge
- Colourblind and night modes
- Responsive soundtrack created by your underground system, engineered by Disasterpeace
3. Civilization Revolution 2
Civilization Revolution 2 is a lot like the original Civilization Revolution, but it features better visuals as well as additional civilzs and units. 2K Games has streamlined and simplified the gameplay to make for quicker, simpler matches while also maintaining the core elements of Civ. If you want something tactical to play on that new iPad during the holidays, this could keep you busy for a while.
This game app costs $14.99 at iTunes Store.
- New Units to strengthen your military might with brand new combat units including Aircraft Carriers, Jet Fighters and Special Forces.
- New Technology to race to science supremacy with new technology such as: Lasers, Modern Medicine and Information Technology
- New Buildings & Wonders to grow and expand your civilization like never before with new buildings and wonders including Nuclear Power Plant, The Red Cross and Silicon Valley
- Enhanced 3D Graphics and updated 3D graphics taking full advantage of iOS devices graphical capability
- Scenario Challenges to reenact historic events and battles in the Scenario Mode
4. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Hearthstone is Blizzard Entertainment’s blockbuster digital card game where you pick up your cards and throw down the gauntlet! In Hearthstone, you play the hero in a fast-paced, whimsical card game of cunning strategy. In minutes, you’ll be unleashing powerful cards to sling spells, summon minions, and seize control of an ever-shifting battlefield. Whether it’s your first card game or you’re an experienced pro, the depth and charm of Hearthstone will draw you in.
This is a free game app and can be downloaded from iTunes Store online.
- Fun introductory missions bring you into the world of Hearthstone’s intuitive gameplay.
- With hundreds of additional cards to win and craft – your collection grows with you.
- Play in practice matches against computer-controlled heroes of the Warcraft universe. Thrall, Uther, Gul’dan – they’re all here!
- Your card collection is linked to your Battle.net account – enabling you to switch your play between tablet and desktop with ease.
- When you’re ready, step into the Arena and duel other players for the chance to win awesome prizes!
Talisman is favorite board game now in digital version, a classic fantasy adventure board game, where you embark on a dangerous quest, fighting dragons, battling serpents, and avoiding the deadly curse of the Hag. These are some of the many obstacles you will face. So choose your character wisely, Warrior, Assassin, Thief or Wizard. There are 14 available, unique in their strengths, weaknesses and special powers. To win the game race your opponents through a perilous realm, journeying to the heart of the land to find the crown of Command.
This game costs $1.40 AUD and can be purchased from iTunes Store
- Fully expandable game with more cards and characters available as in-app purchases. The Reaper, Frostmarch, Dungeon, Highland, Sacred Pool, City, Nether Realm and Blood Moon expansions are available now with more added regularly.
- Local multiplayer – Pass to Play mode.
- Real-time online multiplayer mode for 2-6 players. Play against anyone in the world! Game Center account required for online play.
- Play against AI characters in offline games.
- Optional House Rules included allowing you to tailor games to your liking.
- AI speed settings so you can play the game at your own pace.
- Earn XP as you play! Level-up and unlock special Runestone cards, exclusive to this digital edition.
This is classic card game to get your hands on the complete versions of both single-deck and double-deck Pinochle for endless fun on the go! Entertain your brain and rediscover the timeless appeal of Pinochle with Pinochle HD.
With full Game Center integration, Pinochle HD allows users to play Online matches against random opponents as well as invite friends to a match! Play with 4 people or 2 in ether cooperative or versus modes. Pinochle HD also includes full Leaderboard and Achievement support.
This game app costs $2.99 at the iTunes Store.
- Find 3 unique difficulty settings (Easy, Medium, & Hard).
- Single player game mode.
- Support for both Single Deck and Double Deck Pinochle.
- Multi-Player game-play on the device
- Peer-to-Peer game-play via Bluetooth.
- Online games via Game Center
- 6 unique background/ layout choices.
- Extensive hints at all stages of game-play and in-game ‘Explain’ option for novice users.
7. Super Mario Run
Super Mario Run is simple Super Mario Run is simple favorite plumber who runs on his own without stopping; you just tap to make him jump. You’ll likely beat all its levels pretty quickly, so the challenge of collecting every special coin will keep you playing for a long time. Though it is free game to download from Apple iTunes Store but in app purchase (414.99 AUD) lets you play all the worlds.
- Run and jump with style to rescue Princess Peach from Bowser’s clutches!
- Travel through plains, caverns, Ghost Houses, airships, castles, and more
- Show off Mario’s stylish moves, compete against your friends and challenge people from all over the world.
- A challenge mode where the competition changes each time you play.
- Gather coins and Toads to build your very own kingdom.
8. Clash Royale
Collect and upgrade dozens of cards featuring the Clash of Clans troops, spells and defenses you know and love, as well as the Royales: Princes, Knights, Baby Dragons and more. Knock the enemy King and Princesses from their towers to defeat your opponents and win Trophies, Crowns and glory in the Arena. Form a Clan to share cards and build your very own battle community. This game is all free at iTunes store to download on your iPad with in app purchases if you wish.
- Duel players from around the world in real-time and take their Trophies
- Earn chests to unlock rewards, collect powerful new cards and upgrade existing ones
- Destroy opponent’s towers and win Crowns to earn epic Crown chests
- Build and upgrade your card collection with the Clash Royale Family along with dozens of your favorite Clash troops, spells and defences
- Construct your ultimate Battle Deck to defeat your opponents
- Progress through multiple Arenas all the way to the top
- Learn different battle tactics by watching the best duels on TV Royale
9. Pokémon Go
Most popular game which took fans to streets. Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered on planet Earth.
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. Your iPas will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball.
This is free game app available at iTunes store with some in app purchases.
- Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
- As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind.
- As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
10. Color Switch
Color Switch is so simple game to enjoy on your iPad. You start with a colored ball, and you tap the screen to make it bounce. If your ball hits a different color, then your game ends. If you hit something of the same color, then you can advance higher through the puzzle. You just keep advancing through the puzzles, and soon enough, you’ll wonder where the time went.
Download this game free from iTunes store but it has few in app purchases if you need something more.
- Simple game to tap the ball carefully through each obstacle and your ball will switch color with some powerups.
- Follow the color pattern on each obstacle to cross it
- Avoid the wrong color, or you’ll have to start again.
Now enjoy these 10 wonderful iOS games on your iPad and stay tuned for more to follow.