When you visit Apple store to look for new apps for your iPad you find that most of them are paid apps which means you need to purchase them but sometimes they are too costly to get these and doesn’t fit your budget.
But also there are many apps in fact utility apps that are free and which help you keep things in perspective on your iPad. Here below find the 15 best free iPad apps of 2017
1. Matissa app
With Matissa you can transform your photos into works of art. Juat load a pic, select a filter, watch as the app turns it into something that looks more akin to paint on canvas, share, print, rinse and repeat. Requires iOS 8.0 and above
- 40+ styles (new styles added weekly)
- You can create unique styles with all new “Matissa Shaker” mode. Just shake your iPad and have fun!
- Just takes 2 to 5 sec average modification time
This app enable you to create something visually stunning. As you draw, feathers of color explode from your fingertip, bleeding into the background in a manner that feels like you’re drawing with an alien material atop viscous liquid. You can adjust your brush and color – ‘neon’ from the former coming across like sketching with fire. Requires iOS 8.0 and above
- No knowledge or experience is needed
- With simple doodle style finger movements on your screen you can create true works of art!
- Use to edit your photos, share your art with your friends and family and create your own personalized wallpapers.
Sago mini friends app is a play-oriented educational app for your kids. On selecting a cartoon character, you knock on doors to colorful houses and play little mini-games, such as dress-up, taking a bath, and having a snack. In the last of those, feed too many items to one character and the other looks sad, hopefully prompting your own tiny person to figure out that sharing is a good thing. Requires iOS 7.0 and above
- Promotes empathy, sharing, and creativity through pretend play
- Fun, relatable activities from snack time to washing up
- Silly surprises and reactions
- Make up stories to go with the actions
- Play without wi-fi or internet
- No in-app purchases or third-party advertising, so you and your child are free to discover without interruptions
4. Muse Cam
On your iPad this app does the editing of your photos. Load a photo and you can apply a film-inspired filter preset (based on insight from pro photographers), or fiddle around with tone curves, color tools, and other adjustment settings. Requires iOS 8.0 and above
- Manual Camera- Custom exposure for your iPad camera with independent control of shutter, ISO, white balance & focus.
- No-Import Editing- Speed is the name of the game. Forget the slow, multi-tap import process. Your photos are ready to edit right away.
- Create Custom Presets & Filters- Create a custom preset from scratch, or edit existing ones to perfect the look you’re after. Quickly apply them to any other photo in your library.
- Split Toning- Infuse color into the shadows or the highlights of your photo, or both.
- Non-Destructive, Max-Resolution Editing- Render your images without compromising quality.
- Depth of Field Tool- Simulate depth of field by applying a lens blur to your photo. Intensify the blur with multiple swipes, or by taking advantage of Apple’s 3D Touch technology.
If you are a fan of watching videos then you know that YouTube alone takes something like 60 hours of new video is uploaded every minute of the day. So keeping track of the best video from across the web is impossible. But with this app that aims to cut through the dross, serving up a daily selection of videos selected by a team of award-winning filmmakers.
The app can download videos overnight for offline playback, and presents your daily selection as a Harry Potter-like magazine page, video loops playing behind bold headlines. Simply tap to play, drag across videos to scrub, and tap to pause. On supported iPad hardware, click the home button and you can continue watching the current video with Picture-in-Picture mode. Requires iOS 9.0 and above.
- Hyper cuts the junks- Hyper gives you top videos from brands like National Geographic, The New Yorker, Mashable, Vogue, Elite Daily, Vanity Fair, Bustle, Mic, Fusion and many more
- Makes you want to watch and discover- Every hour there is a new awesome video to your stack. Browse through beautiful handmade previews and instantly see what each video is about.
Slash Keyboard is a custom iPad keyboard that makes sharing online content easier. Tap the slash key for a list of commands, which you can filter by typing a letter or two, and then enter search terms and prod a result to insert it into a document. Requires iOS 8.0 and above
• Emoji (with search!)
• New York Times
• Custom Slashes
Like your Notification Center iPad experience the idea behind Cheat sheet is to create a place for tiny things you need to remember, such as luggage combinations, phone numbers, and Wi-Fi passwords. The Cheatsheet app enables you to configure your list of items and their sort order; a custom icon can also be assigned to each one. On iPad, the screen is big enough to show two rows of ‘cheats’, meaning the widget rarely takes up much space. Requires iOS10 or later
- Simple UI for adding and managing your cheats.
- 160 hint icons to help you recognize what you’re looking for.
- Quickly copy a cheat by tapping-and-holding on a row.
- No security. Don’t use Cheatsheet for important passwords or personal information.
With this app film buffs can check out what’s coming in cinemas.The main interface is a bunch of featured film posters. You can filter these by genre, search for something specific, or explore the charts. Tap a film and you get a giant splash of art, an overview, and access to available teasers and trailers. More of US cinema oriented is what Aussies need to bear with. Requires iOS8.0 and above
• Access hundreds of movie trailers, clips, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and images, available in HD or SD
• Explore an interactive, year-long release calendar that helps you plan when you’ll be going to the theaters
• Save your favorite movies and theaters for immediate access anytime
• Find out what’s playing at your local theaters and purchase tickets directly from your iPad
• Add a movie to Favorites to be notified when it debuts in theaters or becomes available in the iTunes Store
• Browse Top Charts to view the most popular trailers, box office rankings, and top movies on iTunes to buy or rent
• Enjoy your favorite movie trailers on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Share your favorite trailers with friends using AirDrop, Facebook, Twitter, Messages, and Mail
• Keep your favorite theaters and movie trailers up to date on all of your devices using iCloud
Part meditative relaxation tool, part sleep aid, Melodist is all about creating melodies from imagery. All you have to do is load something from your Camera Roll, and the app does the rest. On analyzing your photo or screen grab for changes in hues, saturation and brightness, a music loop is generated. You can adjust the playback speed, instrument and visual effect, along with setting a timer. Requires iOS8.0 and above
- A creative multimedia art form
- Let your photos flow with melodies
- Pressure relief, relaxation and meditation
- Helping you fall asleep with music
The thinking behind Auxy Music Studio is that music-making – both in the real world and software – has become too complicated. This app therefore strives to combine the immediacy of something like Novation Launchpad’s loop triggers with a basic piano roll editor.
For each instrument, you choose between drums and decidedly electronic synths. You then compose loops of between one and four bars, tapping out notes on the piano roll’s grid. Subsequent playback occurs on the overview screen by tapping loops to cue them up. Requires iOS 9.0 and above
- Auxy runs a powerful sound engine that delivers the same audio quality as professional studio software.
- By collaborating with world-class artists and sound designers, the app is regularly bringing more sounds to Auxy.
- Look for new releases in the Sound Packs store.
- Upload straight to SoundCloud or share your tracks as a video. Export high quality audio, stems, or as MIDI files. Sync up with friends using Ableton Link.
11. Photoshop Fix
Built on Photoshop technology, this retouching tool boasts a number of high-end features for making considered edits to photographs. The Liquify tool in particular is terrific, enabling you to mangle images like clay, or more subtly adjust facial features using bespoke tools for manipulating mouths and eyes. Requires iOS9.0 and above
- Make dramatic edits to facial features. Create a bigger smile, slim down those cheeks or edit other facial points with remarkable ease.
- Edit and adjust photos using a variety of essential tools
- Send your images directly to Photoshop CC on the desktop so you can refine them and take them further.
- Fix converts all your edits to layers and packages your image as a PSD file.
Many of us are caught in high-stress environments for much of our lives, and electronic gadgets often do little to help. With this app you define how long breaths in and out should take, and whether you want to hold your breath at any point during the cycle. You then let Breathe+ guide your breathing for a user-defined session length. Requires iOS9.3 and above
- Beautiful full screen breath visualization
- Guided session lengths from 1-60 minutes
- Free-form session lengths
- Breathe cycle counter
- Adjust inhale, exhale lengths from 1-32 seconds
- Add breath holds from 1-32 seconds if desired
- Track usage history- graphs, total time and streaks
13. Tao Mix
With this app you get the usual sounds to aid relaxation (wind, rain, birds, water), but also an interface that nudges the app towards being a tool for creating a kind of ambient personal soundtrack. The basics are simple: tap the + button, select a sound pack, and drag a sound to the canvas. You then manually position the circular cursor within the soundscape, or slowly flick so it lazily bounces around the screen, your various sounds then ebbing and flowing into the mix. Requires iOS6.0 and above
- Easily create your own unique and relaxing ambience.
- Your ambiences can evolve randomly in time, which allows them to be different every time.
- Intuitive and easy to use interface.
- Neat and minimalist design.
- High quality sounds to mix.
- Use the timer to fall asleep to your self-evolving ambience.
- Save and retrieve your creations: very simple to use before you go to sleep or when you begin your meditation or relaxation session!
14. Tunnel Bear
VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) are becoming very popular, due to issues people increasingly face when browsing the web. A VPN can be used to circumvent region-blocking/censorship and security issues on public Wi-Fi. Such services can baffle people who aren’t technically adept, but Tunnel Bear is all about the friendlier side of VPNs. Requires iOS7.0 and above
- Access to your favourite websites, anytime, anywhere.
- Lightning fast connection speeds to 20+ countries in ever expanding network.
- Browse the Internet with more privacy from hackers, ISPs and anyone monitoring your network.
- Encrypt your data to browse with confidence while you’re connected to wifi hotspots.
- Helpful support that always responds within 24 hours.
15. Just Watch
Just Watch speeds up the process: you tell it where you live and the services you use, and it lists shows and films you might like. Various searches and filters are available, including one for price-cuts, to snag cheapo downloads and rentals. There are bugs and listing errors here and there, but for free this is a great starting point for figuring out where to find a potential new telly favourite. Requires iOS7.0 and above
• New-Timeline: See what was recently added to the catalogue of a provider
• Streaming Search Engine: Search across all the big libraries at once
• Price Drops: Find the best deals for buying or renting movies and TV shows
• Use the Watchlist to turn your Smartphone into a remote – queue movies on your device without a login required
• Watchbar: Choose your favorite providers and filter different attributes like genre or release year at your fingertips
The best free apps work well for the iPad, iPad Air and the iPad mini. Now have fun with these great free apps and download right now on your iPad. It costs nothing really?