Do you wish to reset your iPad back to its factory settings? Sometimes you may have a issue to fix like short battery or Wifi problem and you think of reset your settings. But you might be worried that you may lose your precious data if you tried so. Here you will find in five simple steps how to reset your iPad without losing your valuable information stored in your device.
- First go to the Settings app from your iPad home screen.
- Scroll down to ‘General’ and tap on it.
- Now you’re going to scroll all the way down until you see the ‘Reset’ option. Tap on that as well.
- You will find different options pertaining to reseting your iPad to its default state. Tap on ‘Reset All Settings.’
- If you have a passcode in place, then iOS will ask you to enter it, so do so when you’re prompted for it. Otherwise simply tap on ‘Reset All Settings’
This will take a few minutes depending on how much data you already have on your device. But once it’s complete and your iOS device has booted up, the settings will be back to their factory state, and all your valuable data such as apps, photos, videos etc. will be right in place, completely untouched.
And if you have taken a back up of your data at iCloud or iTunes or in any other device then you can go for the ‘Erase All Content And Settings’ option, which will delete everything on your device, including your apps, photos and videos, and you will bring back your device as a fresh one.