These days security is of the prime concern. It may be safety at road, street, home, office, mall, grocery store anywhere. In the same way internet security being online at the PC, Laptop or your mobile and iPad device is also important.
Maybe this was the reason that led even an 11 year old Mira Modi to think of developing cryptographically secure passwords for the online users. Many a time’s passwords are not easy to remember and therefore we give a chance to the hackers to enter our secure zone.
Such password problem is solved by an app called 1Password. Let us see how this App acts as a Password Manager and creates digital security.
We need a password manager to manage and take care of our passwords. The biggest mistake often people tend to do is to have a same password for numerous services, which is incredibly unsafe. If one account is taken over, it can be just a matter of time that others are, too. The other mistake people do is for the sake of remembering the passwords write it down on MS Word or Note Pad and save it in their PCs. But that too is not a safe thing to do.
So for all these reasons the need of a password manager arises.
What is Password Manger?
A password manager is an app you can install on your Mac, iPhone or iPad even Windows and Android and helps to store all your various passwords safe and sound. 1 Password App creates strong, unique passwords for every site, remembers them all for you, and logs you in with a single click. It’s the best way to stay secure and the fastest way to use the web.
What does Password Manager Do?
With this App you can
- Create strong, unique passwords for every site
- Secure your data behind a single Master Password
- Protect yourself with tamper-proof Authenticated 256-bit AES Encryption
- Auto-Lock keeps your data protected even if your Mac is lost or stolen
- Use Security Audit to make your passwords stronger
- Create One-Time Passwords for over 75 services with a single click
- Automatically log into websites using your favorite browsers
- Fill credit cards and signup forms with a single click
- Quickly access your data from anywhere using 1Password mini
- Open websites and automatically submit login information using Go & Fill bookmarks
- Never again waste time on forgotten passwords
- Start calls and draft emails with a single click
What devices does 1 Password App Support
1Password supports all your favorite devices. Keep your critical information with you wherever you go.
- iCloud support means secure sync with Apple simplicity
- Dropbox support provides cross-platform sync and sharing
- Wi-Fi Sync so your vault, even multiple vaults, never leaves your network
Can One Password App be securely shared with Family and Team Members?
1Password allows you to organize your data into multiple vaults and securely share them with others. Use separate vaults to choose what you share and who you share it with.
- Share business logins with your co-workers
- Create a family vault to share with your spouse
- Distribute encryption keys with your development team
- Exchange accounts and documents with your clients
- Relieve the burden of estate planning for your loved ones
Is this App Free?
For Mac and PCs this App is not Free. It is compatible with OS X 10.10 or later, and you need to purchase this App from iTunes at $49.99 or Mac/Apple Stores.
For iPads and iPhones or iPod Touch this App is Free. You can have this App from the iTunes. You need to be 17 and above years of age to download this App. The Add In Pro Features but cost $9.99
What languages does this App support?
The 1 Password App comes in English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish languages.
What is the credibility of this App
This app was developed by Agile Bits in 2005 and since then it has won many awards like App Store Best of 2014; iMore 2014 Hall of Fame; Featured in Apple’s Great Apps for OS X Yosemite and many more.
Watch this informative video on 1 Password App