If you are the one of the tech pro who loves to work using multiple displays to improve productivity and more space to work with specially when you are working on a complicated project or program or you are an artist then you can use your iPad as a second screen for your computer. With Duet Display app you can be more creative. This iPad app is developed by former Apple employees that turns your tablet into a second screen for your computer. Your results will vary depending on which iPad you own and how powerful your computer is, but the results will be impressing for sure.
- Duet is the first app that allows you to use your iDevice as an extra display for your Mac using the lightning or 30-pin cable.
- Duet is built by ex-Apple engineers, delivering a retina display at 60 frames per second with zero lag.
- An additional display increases productivity by up to 48%
- Interact with OS X like never before. The most advanced display for your Mac.
- Add touch bar to any iPad from any Mac. Just connect to a Mac running Sierra 10.12.2 and enable the feature in duet’s menu bar settings
Features of this app
- This app turns your iPad or iPhone into the most advanced extra display for your Mac & PC.
Be twice as productive by multitasking with two screens. For those that travel, have a portable way to stay productive.
- To get started, plug your iPad into your desktop using your charging cable. The free Duet desktop app will automatically detect your device, and transform it into a high performance touchscreen display. There’s no need to worry about unreliable Wi-Fi, laggy performance, pixelated screens or managing network passwords.
- Interact with Mac & PC like never before, with touch & gestures, including two-finger scrolling, pan and zoom.
- You can even add a touch bar to any iPad with any Mac.
- With Duet Pro, you can turn your iPad and Apple Pencil into a professional graphics tablet. With apps rendering algorithms for ultra-responsive drawing, optimized specifically for designers, illustrators and artists.
- Duet Pro also unlocks pressure & tilt sensitivity, hover, palm rejection, and more to seamlessly draw in the most powerful programs for professionals. Get precise control in Photoshop, Corel Painter, Lightroom, ToonBoom, Illustrator, Manga Studio and more.
This app works with all iPhones and iPads with iOS 7.0 and later, all Macs with 10.9 (Mavericks) and later, all PCs with Windows 7 and later. The Duet Pro works with iPad Pros with Apple Pencil, all Macs with 10.9 and later, all PCs with Windows 8.1 and later (64 bit), The pro version is available for $28.99 per year. Also note that Duet Pro is an optional upgrade for additional features, and price may vary by location. Duet Pro subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage Duet Pro in Account Settings after the optional upgrade.
How to get started with Duet Display
Duet Display requires you to download a free app for your PC or Mac (Windows 7 or OS X 10.9 required) in addition to the iPad app, but after both are installed there isn’t much to set up. With the app open, plug your iPad into your computer and it’ll be recognized just like any other external display. Keeping the iPad connected with a cable might seem annoying, but it’s a small price to pay for consistency.
Once connected, you’re able to configure the iPad’s display options through the Duet Display computer app. Most of these settings boil down to whether you’d like to optimize the experience for performance or battery life. You can also change the iPad’s display resolution and screen orientation depending on where it’s sitting relative to your computer. Note that the iPad app costs AU$14.99 at iTunes store and requires iOS 8.0 or later iPad to work on. At the time of writing this iPad app was offered at 50% for a limited time.